Slideviewer – SlideViewer is a lightweight jQuery gallery with a very smooth animation. You can style it easily and add title to each picture just by specifying the alt attribute.
– Galleria loads the images one by one from an unordered list and displays thumbnails when each image is loaded. It will create thumbnails for you if you choose so, scaled or unscaled, centered and cropped inside a fixed thumbnail box defined by CSS.
– s3Slider is a jQuery slideshow system for creating smooth transitions with images.
– Gallery with a nice animation, that is similar to Apple’s time machine. When you click on the top image, it fades away and the next one is shown.
Zoomimage – Present you images in stylish way. The links are unobtrusively highjacked to open the images in an inpage popup with drop shadow and border.
Image gallery by James
– A simple image gallery/viewer that is fully unobtrusive, so you can still view the images when JS is disabled.
Cycle plugin – The jQuery Cycle Plugin is a lightweight slideshow plugin. It supports pause-on-hover, auto-stop, auto-fit, before/after callbacks, click triggers and many transition effects. It also supports, but does not require, the Metadata Plugin and the Easing Plugin.
Fancybox – Fancybox is lightbox plugin that automatically scales large images to fit in window, adds a nice drop shadow under the zoomed item, groups related items and adds navigation through them (uses preloading).
MooFlow – A beautiful gallery with nice animation and reflections. It supports different image loading methods.
Image gallery by tutorialdog.com
(E)2 Photo Gallery
– (E)2 Photo Gallery is a open source gallery designed to allow you to upload your photos to a desired folder, tell the (E)2 Photo Gallery what folder to look at and it will automatically load the images using PHP.
-Lightbox is a simple, unobtrusive script used to overlay images on the current page. It’s a snap to setup and works on all modern browsers.
Ajax Photo Gallery –
The AJAX version of AgileGallery is a free AJAX photo gallery that rips through the XML output from Picasa (a free download from google) and generates DHTML for the paging and thumbnails and displays the full sized photos along with any description entered in Picasa. Since this photo gallery uses AJAX technology, it eliminates the need for any page refresh as the user pages through the photos.
zenphoto – Zenphoto is an answer to lots of calls for an online gallery solution that just makes sense. After years of bloated software that does everything and your dishes, zenphoto just shows your photos, simply. It’s got all the functionality and “features” you need, and nothing you
don’t. Where the old guys put in a bunch of modules and junk, we put a lot of thought. We hope you agree with our philosopy: simpler is better.
A pop-up window that doesn’t suck. GreyBox can be used to display websites, images and other content in a beautiful way.Lightbox2
Lightbox JS is a simple, unobtrusive script used to overlay images on the current page. It’s a snap to setup and works on all modern browsers.Litebox
Multifaceted Lightbox –
Slightly ThickerBox 1.7 – “Previous Image” and “Next Image” links. The result is that you can use Slightly ThickerBox to create image galleries. In addition, you can create groups of galleries by setting a “rel” attribute on the links. (I also moved the Caption and Close link to the top and made the script case insensitive.)TripTracker
Slimbox, the ultimate lightweight Lightbox clone – Slimbox is a 7kb visual clone of the popular Lightbox JS v2.0 by Lokesh Dhakar, written using the ultra compact mootools framework. It was designed to be small, efficient, more convenient and 100% compatible with the original Lightbox v2.
Suckerfish HoverLightbox – The Suckerfish HoverLightbox is a mashup of three very popular Web design techniques blended together to offer a new way of presenting your image galleries.
CSS-Based Image GalleriesA Photograph Gallery –
Just a simple :hover over thumbnail images to give a full size view of each photograph. With all but Opera you can also click the thumbnails
to retain the image on the screen. Text can be added at the bottom of each picture. Ideal for photograph albums.
A simple CSS photo-album –
The text numbers and images are held in an unordered list without any extra markup (no ’ems’ or ‘spans’ etc). The CSS just styles the text numbers so that they appears in a box and the images so that they are hidden until your visitor clicks a number square.
Cross Browser Multi-Page Photograph Gallery –
Based on Suckerfish HoverLightbox this one uses my multi-page layout system but includes images instead of text. Unlike the Suckerfish HoverLightbox this version is pure CSS.
CSS Image Gallery – “:hover” pseudo class to cause an element to react onMouseover. When that happens, an absolutely positioned container holding the enlarged image, anchored on the page by another container with position set to relative, is shown. Furthermore, it’s possible to modify the behavior so the enlarged images are only shown onClick, though IE6 currently doesn’t support this behavior well. The gallery works in IE6+, Firefox, Opera 8+.
CSS: Photo Showcase –
This experiment uses CSS and basic markup to create a simple way to display photo thumbnails on your site while offering convenient fast zoom viewing, even for dialup users.
Hoverbox Image Gallery – Basically, it’s a super light-weight (8kb) roll-over photo gallery that uses nothing but CSS.
Photo scroll gallery –
A combination of several of my previous galleries to give a scrolling ‘thumbnail’ image, a medium size image on hover and a full size image on click. The thumbnail, medium size and full size images are all the same image just resized using CSS. The thumbnails are square to make the scrolling area simpler to work with. This does make these images a little distorted but not so much that they look wrong.
Sliding Photograph Galleries –
It is just an unordered list of images that are normally compressed vertically (reduction 8:1). When you hover over one of these compressed images it expands to full size. It is based on my sliding menu system and adapted to use images. No thumbnails are required and all the images are ‘pre-loaded’.This method can be used either vertically, as shown, or horizontally.
easyAlbum – A DOM photo Gallery solution that is browser friendly, keyboard friendly, bandwidth friendly and more.
ImageGal – imagegal is a simple PHP script that will automagically create a JS/CSS/DHTML powered image gallery for you when dropped into a directory containing images. This simple script was inspired by a Jeremy Keith’s article on aListApart.com.Highslide JS
(E)2 Photo Gallery –(E)2 Photo Gallery is an open source photo gallery. The current version is still in beta but I’ve tested it to work with Firefox 2, IE 7, and Safari 3. What’s cool about (E)2 Photo Gallery is that the user can change the “skin” of the gallery. It uses the mootools framework and PHP for the photo uploader and image auto-detection features. (E)2 Photo Gallery demo
– Highslide JS is an open source script that uses modal windows instead of pop-up windows to open larger versions of the thumbnail images. It’s free for non-commercial uses.
Highslide JS demo
Flickrshow – Flickrshow is another slideshow that allows you to access photosets, groups, and tags from Flickr. The current version has an improved caching feature which helps make the transition between images quicker and more fluid.
– Galleria is an image gallery that uses the jQuery library. It’s distributed under the GLP 3.0 License which permits you to modify and re-package the script (granted that you abide by the terms and conditions of the license).
Galleria demo 1 – Galleria demo 2
– easyALBUM prides itself for being an image gallery that uses “super clean markup”. It works well with CSS disabled and is compliant with current XHTML web-standards. It also allows the user to navigate through the gallery using keyboard shortcuts.
Image Transition Manager
– Image Transition Manager provides you 8 transition effects. It was tested by the developer in Firefox 2, Opera, and IE 6 and 7. As an additional measure, I tried it in Safari 3 (and it works). It was developed using the script.aculo.us effects library which in turn requires the Prototype JS framework.
Image Transition Manager demo
– ThickBox is a script built on top of jQuery. It’s designed to display images as well as other types of document objects. It has the capability of loading content via Ajax requests.
– ProtoFlow mimics the cover flow
– minishowcase gives you the ability to set the language used in your galleries, and it can be configured to detect the user’s language preferences. This image gallery uses PHP for the language selection and automatic thumbnail generation.minishowcase demo
Zenphoto – Zenphoto is an answer to lots of calls for an online gallery solution that just makes sense
Modified Hoverbox Image Gallery
– This following is a modified version of Nathan’s incredible Hoverbox Image Gallery. This version uses a single image for thumbnail/larger view and partially supports :active and :focus states for keyboard only users
Spry – Image Gallery made with the Spry framework
slideViewer – slideViewer is a lightweight (1.5Kb) jQuery plugin wich allows to instantly create an image gallery by writing just few lines of HTML such as an unordered list of images
– PhotoFolder scans a given folder for JPEG files with any number of thumbnail sizes per image. If the resized images do not yet exist, it will automatically create the thumbnails for you